All Events & Races
- BOS - Belgian Open Skiff 2011
- 25.06.2011 - 26.06.2011
- SNEH - Eau d'Heure (Plate Taille) - FroidChapelle - Les Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure
- SkiffBenelux Races
The 6th edition of the already world famous Belgian Open Skiff regatta will take place over the weekend of June 25th and 26th 2011 at Lac de l'Eau d'Heure (aka Plate Taille).
We have some great new ingredients :
- The regatta will be hosted on the shore opposite to the club house, ... yes that is the other side of the lake, just next to the dam
- a neat large parking and rigging space
- a sheltered place to camp, with real, clean toilets and showers just a few steps away
- hopefully a better place for spectators (wind direction will decide, but we should be closer to the race area)
- a genuine movie theater for prize giving, with pics and movies from the event
- free coffee upon arrival (well the Cadet parents got that, let's pray it is beer for us)
- place to eat inside if needed
The SNEH Pole Regatta folks have worked hard to mark a difference, and reading the comments from other classes that have visited this year, it is a straightforward success.
The ingredients that will stay the same : sun, excellent beer, water battle, tricky wind, relax, good times ...
The club asks us to preregister on their website to facilitate registration and logistics.
So please register on Skiffbenelux first and then go to SNEH POLE REGATTA
In the list of regattas, please select Skiff Race
a few hints for the "not-so-french-literate" :
- né le : enter your birthdate
- équipier : crew
- hébergement : are you staying on site or not (camping, mobilhomes, the back of your smelly car ... it is all free)
- dîner : that is about food on saturday night and how many portions you will need ...
Or, you can go to the homepage and click ENGLISH .... :-)
CKForms Error Message :
Form 'bosrace2011' not found !!!
- SNEH - Eau d'Heure (Plate Taille) - Website
- Slip Sud
- FroidChapelle - Les Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure
How to find us?
Les lacs de l'Eau d'Heure, between Philippeville and Beaumont
the place is also known as "Plate Taille"
Les Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure is a large complex of several lakes/dams, you need to get to the biggest lake, the one with a huge tower
Coming from Brussels:
Go to Charleroi then take the direction of Philippeville up to Somzée, then turn right to follow Walcourt and continue in the direction of Cerfontaine
You will see signs of Eau d'Heure
You need to get to the "barrage" with the tower
To reach the SNEH club, turn right after crossing the dam while driving away from the big tower
To reach the 2011 race venue, turn left after crossing the dam while driving towards the big tower
during events, you can put up your tent on the club's grassfield at the end of the boat park (uphill) or just throw your 2 second thing in the air on the big grass field that you pass when arriving at the club ; during the BOS it can get busy with people partying and drinking, very noisy ... until very early in the morning ...
For the 2011 event, there will be camping space around the visitors centre
EventList powered by schlu.net