Bos - Belgian Open Skiff - 2012
- BOS - Belgian Open Skiff 2012
- 02.06.2012 - 03.06.2012
- SNEH - Eau d'Heure (Plate Taille) - FroidChapelle - Les Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure
- SkiffBenelux Races
The 7th edition of the already world famous Belgian Open Skiff regatta will take place over the weekend of June 2nd and 3rd 2012 at Lac de l'Eau d'Heure (aka Plate Taille). BEWARE : we move from last to first weekend of June
The setup changes vs last year (so we move back to the side of the club house where we have been for the first 5 editions
- The regatta will be hosted at the club house
- Camping on the greenfield just in front of the club entrance
- The new clubhouse is not yet finished, so you will have a last opportunity to enjoy the sanitary block behind the old clubhouse (or use forest and lake ...)
- Club will arrange BBQ on Saturday night and breakfast on Sat/Sun
- For early arrivers on Friday night, here are some possibilities to have dinner in the neighborhood
Taverne, restauration (choucroute garnie, escavèche, boulettes à la bière, pâtes au saumon, lasagnes maison,
soupes, poulet à la normande, cassoulet, assiette du randonneur, ...glaces, tartes, ...).
Grand parking gratuit (voiture, autocar, 2 roues). Accès aisé. Aire de jeux pour enfants. Pique-nique autorisé.
Ouvert tous les jours dès 10h. Capacité: 150 personnes
Un agréable moment de détente avec terrasse et vue panoramique sur le lac et le Barrage de la Plate Taille.
Route de la Plate Taille, 99
Gsm : +32(0)476/29 89 11
The organising committee is new, but we have briefed them well on the specifics of skiff racing.
What else to expect ? : sun, excellent beer, water battle, tricky wind, relax, good times ...
Have a look at the GoogleMap SNEH Clubhouse - Plate Taille to inspect the site
Please register below now, so that we can sort out the logistics in time
- SNEH - Eau d'Heure (Plate Taille) - Website
- Slip Sud
- FroidChapelle - Les Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure
How to find us?
Les lacs de l'Eau d'Heure, between Philippeville and Beaumont
the place is also known as "Plate Taille"
Les Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure is a large complex of several lakes/dams, you need to get to the biggest lake, the one with a huge tower
Coming from Brussels:
Go to Charleroi then take the direction of Philippeville up to Somzée, then turn right to follow Walcourt and continue in the direction of Cerfontaine
You will see signs of Eau d'Heure
You need to get to the "barrage" with the tower
To reach the SNEH club, turn right after crossing the dam while driving away from the big tower
To reach the 2011 race venue, turn left after crossing the dam while driving towards the big tower
during events, you can put up your tent on the club's grassfield at the end of the boat park (uphill) or just throw your 2 second thing in the air on the big grass field that you pass when arriving at the club ; during the BOS it can get busy with people partying and drinking, very noisy ... until very early in the morning ...
For the 2011 event, there will be camping space around the visitors centre
EventList powered by schlu.net